This guide will show you how to choose the right SATA driver to install Windows XP. . Also thanks to to other contributors especially Gustav Rock(CQ42) and Vanilla Blue (CQ40/CQ35/Acer).
1. Do this at your own risk.
2. You are recommended to make recovery first:
STEP to be done :
1. STEP 1: Install CPU-Z (to Identify the right SATA Driver)
2. STEP 2: Identify Your Chipset
3. STEP 3: Choosing the SATA Diver and Slipstream Guide.
Note. For certain model such as ACER 4530 please check on your BIOS to enable AHCI mode from IDE mode. Sometimes there are model which do not need to use SATA driver.
STEP 1 : Install CPU-Z
1. First you need to install CPU-Z in order to identify the right SATA Driver For you Model.
2. You can Download CPU-Z here: Download page
3. Then Install it by double click on it.
4. Continue till installation finish.
5. Start CPU-Z
STEP 2: Identify your Laptop/PC Chipset
1. At this point you should have CPU-Z installed in your system.
2. You will see a shortcut on your desktop and double click to run it.
3. Then select mainboard panel and look at the chipset. There you will see AMD or INTEL or Nvidia.
4. This information we will use to determine the right SATA Driver for slipstreaming process.
5. Take note for the Chipset and continue to STEP 3.
6. Go to step 3 For:
- Intel chipset go to A
- AMD chipset go to B
- Nvidia chipset go to C
STEP 3: Choosing SATA Driver and Slipstreaming GUIDE.
A: INTEL Chipset :
1. HM65, HM67, UM67, QS67 or QM67
2. PM55, HM57, QM57 or QS57
4. GL40, GS40, GM45, GS45 or PM45
5. GL960, GML960, GM965 or PM965
6. 940GML, 943GML, 945GM, 945GMS, 945PM or 945GSE
B: Nvidia Chipset :
1. For ION or ION LE chipset (HP Mini 311 and Compaq Mini 311c series models)
2. other Nvidia chipsets
- no sata driver and slipstream needed
C: AMD CHIPSET-:
For any AMD model use the same sata driver (additinal sata driver link included in the DOC file.
Additional Notes :
For Cq41 AMD base model if AMD sata AhCI above didnt work use this one:
This sata upload by kiwielz which tested on his CQ41-110AU
For INTEL if you have problem with sata above u may try this sata:
SATA AHCI10 for intel base model:
Only some ACER model and other model beside COMPAQ/HP need to slipstream the SATA Driver.
PLEASE DO CHECK IN YOU BIOS FIRST!
IF THERE IS SATA MODE OPTIONS, CHANGE FROM AHCI to IDE mode.
If the process failed and you want to repeat please delete all previous folder and start over again with new folder.
Black-x for this full compilation of information
Gustav Rock(CQ42) - blogger
Vanilla Blue (CQ40/CQ35/Acer) - computer and peripherals maintenance
Rakhmad and CherylG - especially for AMD model - HP support forum
Daniel Potyrala - Compiling the guide - HP support Forum
Amy - User - CQ35 (wasted 15CD and 10 DVD) - thanks for the great effort