Below is the explanation on how to solve this problem.
Solution 1 :
1) Clear your Mozilla Firefox Cache.
2) Exit Firefox.
3) Go to your profile folder - Visits this links for guide http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox
4) Delete all sessionstore.js
5) Restart Firefox
Solution 2 :
Disable hyperthreading -> right click the Firefox icon click>properties>compatibility>put check mark in compatibility mode box and run in windows 98/windows me mode. This will disable hyperthreading for Firefox on a windows system. (I've tried this method and FYI, I'm using Windows 7 32bit, after I do this step, I can't run Mozilla, I mean when I double click, nothing appear.
Solution 3 :
- When Firefox is started,launch the Windows Task Manager (press CTRL+ALT+DEL, or right click the clock display on the Windows Taskbar and select Task Manager)
- Select the process tab
- Locate and right-click on the Firefox process
- Select the set affinity option from the popup menu
- Uncheck CPU 1 and validate with OK.
- You can go back to Firefox. "
99.99% Will Fix Mozilla Firefox Not Responding and Freezing Problem