How to know which interval is good???
If your SNR reading is equal or less than 6dB
- bad connection/frequent disconnections(Disconnected in 1-5 minutes) or can't connect at all
If your SNR reading is between 7dB - 10dB
-Consider average connection but still have disconnection issue
If your SNR reading is between 11dB - 20dB
-Good connection with no connectivity problem
If your SNR reading is between 21dB - 28dB
-Excellent line quality
If your SNR reading is greater or equal to 29dB
-Fantastic, never worry about anything!
For me, 11dB-13dB is good enough and you can already connect to the internet without disconnection issue/problem because my house distance is greater than 5KM from the nearest TM. *** For you to achieve SNR reading above 20dB, your house distance from the exchange point(Nearest TM) must be less than 5KM.***
There's one more thing about Streamyx Line, that is the Line Attenuation, below is the interval guide line (Basically, Line Attenuation is opposite to SNR margin value) :
Greater than 60dB
-Bad Line Quality
Between 50dB - 60dB
Between 40dB - 50dB
Between 30dB - 39dB
Between 20dB - 29dB
Less than 20db (your house must be very near with TM)
How to check this information ???
1) First, make sure you connected to your Riger Modem(wired/wireless).
2) Open your browser and on the address bar, write "
*** Note that the192.168.1.1 is common ip address for Riger modem or any modem for streamyx ***
3) You should see the login page. Now fill the Username and Password Field. "Username : tmadmin ; Password : tmadmin"
4) Now, you should be seeing your modem information. Don't change anything, just browse through every tab. Because different Modem will store the Line Attenuation and SNR Margin in different tabs.
*** Note : Please make sure that you are connected to the internet, if not, the SNR Margin and Line Attenuation field will be blank. ***
5) Compare your modem reading with the information I give earlier.