Monday, January 16, 2012

Can't Install ASUS Utilities

Laptop Problem

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Dear all,

Today I want to share about the problem I encounter after I formatted my ASUS Laptop... FYI, I do all the format thingy on my own. It saves me a few bucks. My laptop is ASUS K50INseries. I have a CD Driver for this laptop but it only for VISTA and XP. So, I need to find the driver for windows 7 on the internet...

After I finished installing all the basic driver(I guess-I do like usual), I tried to install the ASUS Utilities such as FAST BOOT, WIRELESS CONSOLE etc. But an error pops out. It says "This software is for ASUS Laptop only". So I can't Install. ???NOT AN ASUS LAPTOP??? So what LAPTOP is this???

The cause of the problem is actually I forgot to install one tiny thing that is the KEYBOARD FILTER. After I install that, the software then recognize my laptop as an ASUS Laptop.



2)      Can't Install ASUS Utilities ( PopUP Message says : Not ASUS Laptop eventhough you are using ASUS Laptop? Error Message : This Software is only for ASUS Laptop? ) :



One more thing, there's a driver you need to install before you can install ASUS utilities...
You need to install ATK0100.
I have prepared a mediafire links in case you don't have the ATK0100 Driver - Download

Note : Don't underestimate small file. It can cause your laptop goes crazy... :)

8 comments:

  1. you ARE AWESOME !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good trouble's share doode !

    Thanks.

    Pico

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi pls. help me..

    when i opened my laptop there's a message that says i need to install a atk0100.. i don't know what to do, and i don't know is that for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello yza,
      Sorry for the late reply...
      Try download this
      http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Asus-ATK0100-ACPI-Utility-104321561.shtml
      this is the latest version of atk0100 driver.

      Delete
  4. same problem to me.my asus model K84L win 7 32 bit.pls help

    ReplyDelete

Please join our community and help making this blog alive by start commenting today... Your support means everything to us!